This conference seeks to celebrate UNESCO’s 2019 Year of Indigenous Languages. Conference themes include, but are not limited to the following:
• Community achievements and indigenous languages
• Community collaborations and partnerships
• Educational policy for language revitalization and maintenance
• Indigenous languages into the 21st century
• Indigenous voices in popular culture (e.g. social media, fiction, poetry, film, hip hop)
• Indigenous languages and multilingualism
In the spirit of this celebration, participants will share experiences and knowledge to bring community voices, policy voices, and academic voices together. Further, this is an inclusive conference with a focus on celebrating indigenous languages and bringing indigenous perspectives to the forefront.